Latest News: LUV Plus Marathon for Leprosy Tanzania
LUV+ (Leprosy at Utale Village PLUS) are delighted that Max Till will be running the London Marathon this year to raise funds for a new project in Tanzania.
Max Till is a keen sailor and triathlete, recently completing the Windsor triathlon. He has previously cycled from Lands End to John O’Groats and Cheltenham to Paris for charity but this will be his first ever marathon..
In the past, he has cycled from Lands End to John O’Groats and Cheltenham to Paris for charity.
Keen to help, Max is taking on his first Marathon for LUV+.
All donations will go towards a new appropriate, sustainable Income Generating Project at Sukamahela leprosy community in central Tanzania, which will be organised in partnership with The Tanzania Leprosy Association.
Max and LUV+ are grateful for any donation you are able to make. Many thanks.
Just scan the QR code above or click HERE to go to make a donation.
LUV+ is a charity based in Edinburgh, Scotland
- To improve the living standards of People Affected by Leprosy (PALs), who are some of the most neglected and vulnerable people in sub-Saharan Africa.
- To work with local experts to identify neglected PAL communities.
- To offer a range of support options for small and large scale projects in both localised and geographically dispersed communities.
- To work alongside individual family groups, and larger cooperative PAL communities, to develop sustainable income generating projects.
- To challenge the stigmatisation of people with disabilities, and improve the integration of PALs into the wider local communities.
Our overall strategic plan is to implement an income generating project in every leprosy community in sub-Saharan Africa by 2025.
The interactive map shows all current LUV+ projects.
Click on the icons for more information about each project.